This post was originally published on this site
Father’s Day is right around the corner – to get you ready; here is a list of restaurants offering something every dad can enjoy.
View this post on Instagram
🍖 BBQ sandwiches, tacos and fresh-off-the-pit barbecue! 🍖 . 🏠: @smokesanantonio . Pictured: The Cadillac sandwich, Sliced brisket served over a bed of smoked sausage and topped with Texas BBQ sauce, onion tanglers and fresh jalapeños, brisket tortillas with a southern slaw and the barnyard feast, a bounty of bbq goodness! 🤤 #eldereats
A post shared by David Elder | ABC KSAT 12 News (@eldereats) on Aug 27, 2019 at 4:45pm PDT
A map of Father’s Day restaurants with specials in San Antonio
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse offers two ways to enjoy their select cuts of prime steaks at home and dine-in – the grill at home selections are pricey, but you get the taste of a high-end steak house in your backyard! The ‘Grill at Home’ menu includes: Trimmed & Ready To Grill Sealed Packages Picanha – $14/lb Bottom Sirloin – $14/lb Ribeye – $19.50/lb Filet Mignon- $26/lb Picanha (avg. 6lbs) – $8.75/lb Bottom Sirloin (avg. 8-10lbs) – $8.75/lb Ribeye (avg. 18-20lbs)- $13.75/lb Filet Mignon (avg. 8-10lbs) – $18/lb Rack of Lamb Chops – $40. Dining in requires guests to adhere to current CDC and restaurant guidelines for physical distancing. 18318 Sonterra Pl, San Antonio, TX 78258 – www.chamagaucha.com
- Carmen’s De La Calle is offering curbside jambalaya and a rum cocktail available for pick-up on Father’s Day. Go to their website to order now to make sure dad gets a pleasant taste of Cajun cuisine. 320 N Flores St, San Antonio, TX 78205 – https://www.carmensdelacalle.com/
- In New Braunfels, Sylver Spoon is offering a Dad’s Day Beer Brunch. The three-course meal comes with the option of a beer pairing for an additional cost, but with our without beer – this meal will be delicious! Head to their website now to make reservations. Dining in requires guests to adhere to current CDC and restaurant guidelines for physical distancing. 6700, I-35, New Braunfels, TX 78130 – www.sylverspoon.com
- Smoke the Restaurant is serving up a Father’s Day BBQ special perfect for curbside or dine-in. To make reservations for the bbq platter or to dine in – go to their website or follow them on social media. Dining in requires guests to adhere to current CDC and restaurant guidelines for physical distancing. 1170 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205 – www.smokedowntown.com
5. Ida Claire is getting Dad ready for the big day with a grilling pack that feeds 8-10. It includes:
- Two 13oz Hand Cut Ribeyes
- Four Brisket Burger Patties
- Four Local Bratwurst
- Four Seasoned Corn on the Cob
- Four Marinated Veggie Skewers
- Compressed Watermelon Salad
- Four Hamburger Buns
- Four Hot Dog Buns
- Ida’s “Secret” Seasoning Pack
- Natural Charcoal
It’s a bit pricey at $100 but will keep dad happy and busy on the grill. For an additional thirty bucks, you can add an old fashioned cocktail kit. 7300 Jones Maltsberger Rd, San Antonio, TX 78209 – ida-claire.com
KSAT’s David Elder has embarked on a new adventure called “Texas Eats,” an hour-long show that airs on Saturdays at 10 a.m. on KSAT 12, KSAT.com and our streaming app.
Related links to this week’s episode are listed below:
‘Texas Eats’ Contest: Natural Bridge Caverns
Official Contest Rules: ‘Texas Eats’ contest: Natural Bridge Caverns
Past “Texas Eats” episodes are here:
Texas German food in New Braunfels
Beer, wings and more: Getting ready for the big game
Texas Eats Ep. 15: Zoom Edition
“Texas Eats” is a spin-off of the ever-popular “SA Live,” which has won in the ratings race since the first day it launched nearly five years ago.
Viewers can catch “Texas Eats” on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., or on the KSAT-TV Livestream app available on Roku, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and most smart TVs, as well as on KSAT.com, and KSAT’s YouTube channel.